Educating, supporting and advocating for the medical graduate workforce our communities need
Medical Deans Australia and New Zealand Inc (Medical Deans) is the peak body representing professional entry-level medical education, training and research in Australia and New Zealand. Our members are the Deans of Australia’s 21 medical schools and the two New Zealand medical schools.
We work to plan for, develop and support the medical graduate workforce our communities need; we work to ensure the quality, breadth and rigour of our medical teaching and training remains among the best in the world; and we advocate for and contribute to evidence-based and effective policies to improve medical education for the health of all people in Australia and New Zealand.
Our priorities include:
- Leadership and innovation in medical education and training
- Future medical workforce planning
- Growing and supporting the Indigenous medical student workforce
- Advancing medical research
- Addressing inequities in Indigenous health and opportunities
- Increasing access to medical care in rural and regional areas