Educating, supporting and advocating for the medical graduate workforce our communities need
Medical Deans Australia and New Zealand Inc (Medical Deans) is the peak body representing professional entry-level medical education, training and research in Australia and New Zealand. Our members are the Deans of Australia’s 22 medical schools and the 2 New Zealand medical schools.
We work to plan for, develop and support the medical graduate workforce our communities need; we work to ensure the quality, breadth and rigour of our medical teaching and training remains among the best in the world; and we advocate for and contribute to evidence-based and effective policies to improve medical education for the health of all people in Australia and New Zealand.
Our priorities include:
- Leadership and innovation in medical education and training
- Future medical workforce planning
- Growing and supporting the Indigenous medical student workforce
- Advancing medical research
- Addressing inequities in Indigenous health and opportunities
- Increasing access to medical care in rural and regional areas